In contrast to the gray municipal buildings facing Nezalezhnastsi Square (Independence Square), the early 20th century Roman Catholic church is of picturesque and impressive appearance. It is known as "Red Church" because of its red brick walls.
Traditionally, main church of every Belarussian town at all times neighbored upon a central square. Century-old downtown square in Hrodna changed some names throughout its lifetime: Stefan Batory Square, Ceremonial Square, Town Hall Square. However, all over centuries it remained the main square of the city. For more than three centuries its eastern side has been occupied by a monumental building known as Farny Church.
The monastery is in the village of Zhyrovichy (Slonim district, Grodno region, 217 km from Minsk by the Brest highway)
Kalozhskaya Church is a real of the Belarus orthodox architecture-was built upon the Nioman river bank, not far from an ancient castle.
Built in the second half of the 17th – early 18th century. A wonderful Baroque-style monument, the church is located in the centre of the city.
Minsk’s oldest church that was built in 1611 to honor Sts. Apostles Peter and Paul thanks to donations from 52 people of which were nobility and other dwellers of the Minsk province. The church has been restored; its towers have been canopied while the later-built structures attached to the facades have been removed.
The church was built in 1839 (on the site of a wooden one) and reconstructed in the late 19th century. It is a New Gothic-style monument.
Formerly a Roman Catholic Church and Bernadine convent, it was built according to the Vilnius Baroque style. Laid in 1642 and completed in the 18th century, the cathedral is a valuable monument of Old Minsk. Six columns divide the inner room into three naves. The mid nave, traditional for basilica-type temples, is considerably wider and higher than the lateral ones. The iconostasis has a number of marvelous icons including the Our Lady wonder-making icon that miraculously appeared on the Svisloch bank back in 1500.
Founded in 1847, the church has an octagonal bell tower and a magnificent dome. To the left of the Maria Magdalena Church, there is the John the Baptist Fontal Church (consecrated in 1995), and to the right is the All Belarusian Saints Chapel. Also, on the site of the church there is a monument commemorating the 200th anniversary of the Minsk Diocese and archpriest Mikhail Buglakov’s headstone.
Built in 1861 – 64. The church’s main sights are the ancient Our Lady with Jesus icon and the miracle-working statue of St. Roch. The church features a modern electric organ and a chamber music hall.