The modern shape of city building of Minsk was created in the middle XIX century, in days of the Soviet authority. Socialist building here is rather interesting and harmoniously fits into a city landscape.
At the beginning of the 2000s, after more than ten years of building, the new ultramodern railway station admiring today with the beauty of guests of the capital and being one of sights of the city was open. The complex of buildings on the Station square was created according to its project in 1947 — 1952. And here the sculptures established on pedestals in the early fifties of the XX century, in the 70th years, it was necessary to dismantle: reinforced concrete of which they were made, began to crack and crumble.
The Nezavisimosti Square — the central and largest square of Minsk. On Nezavisimosti Square buildings of the House of the Government, Mingorispolkom, the Belarusian state university, the Belarusian state pedagogical university, Minsk hotel, Glavpochtamta, subway managements, and also the Red church and a monument to V.I.Lenin are located.
In contrast to the gray municipal buildings facing Nezalezhnastsi Square, early 20th century Roman Catholic church is of picturesque and impressive appearance. It is known as "Red Church" because of its red brick walls. Official name of the church is quite rare and, probably, can't be found elsewhere in the world: St. Simon and St. Helen Church.
Minsk town hall — the office building in the central part of Minsk, in the High Market, is constructed in 1600. On a ratushny tower there were hours that the then was a great value. Before cancellation by the Russian authorities of the Magdebourg right for Minsk (on May 14, 1795) in a town hall passed meetings of body of the Minsk self-government — magistrate or council, standards of units of weight and volume were stored in the building.
Troitsky Predmestie (The Troitsky Hill) — the historical district of the city of Minsk located in northeast part of the historical center on the left river bank Svisloch. Once was a trade administrative center of the capital of Belarus. Nowadays the suburb is one of the most favourite vacation spots минчан and guests of the capital.
National library of Belarus — the main universal scientific library of Belarus.
Pishchalovsky lock — one of the few historical buildings which have remained in Minsk. Jail "Pishchalovsky lock" in Minsk in the people often call "the Belarusian Bastille". The palace in 1825 in pseudo-Gothic style was constructed. Construction of this building unusual to the time – at the beginning of the 19th century in fashion there was a classicism, instead of a gothic style – is connected with a surname Pishchla. In modern historical literature there is no consent concerning the one whom I was Pishchla – the owner of this palace or simply the architect, the author of the project. Only that fact is undoubted that this palace was considered as one of the finest architectural masterpieces of Minsk of that time.
Vsehsvyatsky church is one of the highest temples on territories of the CIS, the temple Belarusian exarchate of Russian Orthodox Church. Today Vsehsvyatsky church is the only temple memorial in Minsk.
Pobedy Square is the area memorial in the center of Minsk, put in honor of soldiers and the guerrillas who have fallen during World War II. In day of the seventeenth anniversary from the date of liberation of Minsk, on July 3, 1961 at a monument of the Victory the Eternal flame was lit.
The National Art Museum of the Republic of Belarus is the most significant gathering of fine arts well known in the world of culture. As of the beginning of 2001 the museum holds 25610 items of painting, graphics, sculpture and decorative and applied art.
National academic theater of Janka Kupala — the oldest theater of Belarus. For the first time opened on September 14, 1920. In 1944 it was renamed into honor of the classical poet of the Belarusian literature, Janka Kupala. On March 29, 2013 opened after reconstruction.
The national academic Bolshoi opera and ballet theater of Republic of Belarus — the only opera theater and the largest theater in Republic of Belarus, located in the state capital, the main musical and theatrical scene of the country.
The majority of today's fountains of the city of Minsk was established in 1960-70gg. For today in Minsk about 60 fountains, and the majority of them are, are generally located in the central part of the city. The very first fountain installed in the city, “the Boy with a Swan” fountain located in Aleksandrovsky Square in 1874.